You're Going to Be Seeing A Lot More Of Me...

Ducks win, Seahawks win and I get multiple acceptance notices. It's been quite a week!
This month. After a series of months with nothing but rejections, I have recently received a plethora of acceptance letters, including THREE new markets, one previously unpublished story and TWO previously unpublished poems.

While none of these are paying markets, they are widely read, up and coming markets and I hope to build off some of the momentum I've gained recently, due in no small part to awesome reviews of my books by Kim Kruise Thompson and Stessily. Having my by-line in a bunch of new places can only help. Here's more specifics (sorry for all the links):

Flailing Empty Capillaries will be published in the October issue of eFiction Magazine, which will be released October 1st for NOOK, Kindle  and through the eFiction store. The poem has been published in my book and on my hubpages account. eFiction has previously published my poems Hot Pink Lipstick (also in my book) and Dispatch and my short story Lime Green Buddha (also an ebook).

Any day now, my flash fiction piece, My Son the Parrot, previously unreleased, will be put out by the Hellroaring Review. Bookmark their page and sign up for their newsletter to find out when it's released. This is a new market for me. It's also free!

Rusty Nail Magazine is publishing THREE of my poems, Burrito, Hot Pink Lipstick and Those Summer Nights. Burrito and Hot Pink Lipstick are both on Hubpages and in my book. Those Summer Nights is a brand new piece. No word yet on publication dates, but they will be released both online and in print. I'll keep you posted on specific dates. Meanwhile, follow them on facebook to stay current.

Finally, the Crisis Chronicles is publishing another new poem, Getting Gas in Barstow, California. This poem had been rejected by everyone from Poetry Foundation to the Three Penny Review so I am quite thankful that this small press is taking a chance on it. I'm also in talks with them about publishing a chap book. Crisis Chronicles Cyber Lit Mag publishes one poem a day (though not every day). Mine should be up soon. Sign up on their mailing list to find out specifics on that one!

It's been an exciting week and it's nice to have some successes to share. I look forward to hearing about YOUR successes as well. This is the life of the writer: A ton of rejection followed by a few acceptances. the rejections will come again, so I'll enjoy these acceptances while I can.

Thanks for reading and for your unending support.

Comments

  1. Justin, Millions of congratulations! I just watched your YouTube of "Flailing Empty Capillaries", another great title and captivating poem. It's brilliant to score it with Mozart's 21st piano concerto ("Elvira Madigan"). Your filming skills encourage the thought that perhaps one day "Lime Green Buddha" may be translated to the screen.
    All the best, Stessily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stessily, thansk so much. Look forward as a film at some point in time. It;'s a desire of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Powell is In Hell

The dark truth about Jonah (part three)

Turn or Burn?