Flailing Empty Capillaries (Post 100!)

Here's another poem from my book, Digging to China. I've attempting to cross promote it by doing some video trailers and readings. Here's another, of the poem Flailing Empty Capillaries, set to Mozart's magnificent Piano Concerto #21.

I've purposely used a slow piece and slow moving screen shots to force the reader to slow down and consume the poem. It's a fun experiment and I hope you find it pleasing.

Below is the text of the poem (slightly different from the video version).

Enjoy the video!


Don't have a Kindle? That's okay! Email me and I'll tell you how you can get a copy!




Flailing Empty Capillaries
by
Justin W. Price

You were there from birth,
passed down from father to son,
waltzing through my veins. My muse.
We embraced, perfectly on pitch,
a song, and then I found
another
and I left you.

I see you
tattooed on my wrists. Thick
black lines, a G
and an F.
My former muse, permanent
over my veins,
under my skin,
a perpetual reminder.

I stare at you, remembering.
Wanting still
to create with you. After all,
you are in still in my blood,
but you’ve left my heart.
Empty capillaries flail
like strings waiting to be plucked,
longing to resonate,         
but I’ve forgotten the tune.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Powell is In Hell

The dark truth about Jonah (part three)

Turn or Burn?