Welcome to 2013!


Welcome to 2013!

The Mayans, of course, didn’t think we’d make it this far. I didn’t put a lot of stock in that, so, I planned ahead, sort of. Did you?

With the new year comes renewed optimism and reflection. It’s a time for us to make resolutions and set goals for the new year. I generally don’t like to publicize my New Years’ Resolutions because I don’t generally keep them and I don’t want to have to bite my tongue or eat my foot. Biting the tongue hurts and the foot is icky and bitter.

I’d like to avoid these unfortunate consequences.

That being said, I am making three resolutions, and publicizing them. Hold me accountable. Sometimes that’s the only way to ensure resolutions are kept, so, without further ado, here are my resolutions and goals for the coming year:

 

1.      KEEP MY NEW YEARS’ RESOLUTIONS

This is a biggie. I don’t think I’ve ever done this. Keeping a resolution would be a major accomplishment and I intend to keep mine this year. Yes. Famous last words, I know.

 

2.      BECOME A BETTER SPORT

I’m spoken quite candidly in the past about my poor sportsmanship. I absolutely loathe this about myself and I’m resolved to change this behavior. When I play games, whether I win or lose, I will no longer complain or rub it in. It’s a juts a game.

I think this poor sportsmanship stems from the fact that I was mercilessly bullied as a kid and made to feel useless by my peers. I’m not useless. I’m a valuable person and I contribute to society. If I lose a game, or win one, it doesn’t mean I’m a failure, it just means I didn’t win. It doesn’t matter if I lose because my opponent t got “lucky” I get lucky sometimes too and, frankly, luck is always a factor. I resolve to be a better sport.

 

3.      I’M A WRITER. ACT LIKE IT

I’m a writer. I have a book coming out soon and I have private clients, blogs and hubpages. But I don’t write. I don’t follow my own advice. I find reasons to write and waste so much time doing things that won’t move me toward my goal of making a good living as a writer. My goal this year is to write five days a week for at least two hours. This can be time spent working on blogs, on hubpages, on stories, on poems. I want to have something published or prepped for submission five times a week. This does not count time spent writing for clients who have hired me. This is a big resolution but I’ll never get where I want to be if I don’t write. So, I resolve this year to write.

 

Anyway, these are my goals this year. Check in with me next year and see how I did. Meanwhile, feel free to keep me accountable!

 

Yours truly for a successful 2013,

 

Justin W. Price


Facebook (author page) Facebook (personal) Twitter Google Plus LinkedIn Pinterest Hubpages blog mailing list Amazon Magazine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Powell is In Hell

The dark truth about Jonah (part three)

Turn or Burn?