Busy, Busy, Busy!

Greetings!

I haven't blogged in over a week. I deeply regret this, but, I have my reasons.

I started school again last week, which puts me out of the house every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am until 9 pm. Most of my spare time is spent doing homework (BTW... I have a cubby hole at school. Isn't that weird? A college student with a cubby hole? Ha!).

On top of this, my wife and I have gone full bore into a writing and editing business, Big Dipper Editing. We offer writing, editing and critiquing services. We specialize in term papers and corporate blogs. I already own the domain and have been editing, ghost writing and freelance writing for about a year but, now, it's a true partnership and we have been steadily gaining clients. We're working on a website to build our web presence.

I currently have a few steady clients whom I ghost write and review for.  It's exciting and reminds me of when I started my tutoring business. I'm a dreamer and an entrepreneur  I've always been and don't suspect that will change.

My wife and I are a great team. She has the patience and attention to detail for editing and I have the ability to write copy quickly and accurately. we balance each other out and it's exciting to see what God has in store for us. I'm hoping we can make a living doing what we want to do. This doesn't seem like an outlandish goal.

Below is out rate sheet which will also be on our website when it's up and running. If you're looking for any of the services we offer, please don't hesitate to contact us. Mention this blog post, get ten percent off your initial service!


Big Dipper Editing & Writing Services Rate Sheet

Writing Jobs

 Blogs/short articles (includes ghost writing). Up to 750 words - $15

 Blogs/articles (includes ghost writing). Greater than 750 words - $15, plus $10 per additional 750 words.

 Ghost writing books (no book deal) - $50 plus $1.50 per page (double spaced), plus future residuals of up to 10%.

 Ghost writing books (w/ book deal) - $50 plus $1.00 per page (double spaced), plus residuals of up to 10%.

 Resumes/Cover letters $20 each, or $30 together.

Editing Jobs

Up to 5,000 words
 Proofreading only - $35
 Editing for content only - $45
 Full edit - $70 (includes proofreading and editing for content as well as suggested changes /arrangement)

5001-10,000 words
 Proofreading only - $45
 Editing for content only - $55
 Full edit - $85 (includes proofreading and editing for content as well as suggested changes /arrangement)

10,001-30,000 words
 Proofreading only - $115
 Editing for content only - $150
 Full edit - $225 (includes proofreading and editing for content as well as suggested changes /arrangement)

30,001-60,000 words
 Proofreading - $225
 Editing for content - $275
 Full edit - $425 (includes proofreading and editing for content as well as suggested changes /arrangement)

60,001-90,000 words
 Proofreading - $300
 Editing for content - $345
 Full edit - $525 (includes proofreading and editing for content as well as
suggested changes /arrangement)

90,001 words or greater
 Negotiable

Corporate Copy

 Web pages, emails, bios, mission statements, press releases, etc.
$.03 / word ($5 minimum)

All writing/editing rates include one (1) in person or telephone consultation of up to
one (1) hour. Any additional consultation is billed at a rate of $25/hour (unless
requested by Big Dipper Editing). There is no charge for email consultations. Big
Dipper Editing and/or its representatives must be credited for their role, where
applicable.

Critiques

(Includes proofread and up to two page written critique per piece, with specific
suggestions/impressions)
 $5 per poem.
 $15 per short story/essay (up to 10,000 words).
 $25 per novella/long essay (10,001 – 25,000 words).
 Longer pieces, negotiable.

Client will also be responsible for any applicable costs, including travel/lodging,
food, printing, etc. as agreed upon by each party prior to service being rendered.

Acceptable payment methods include Pay Pal (for services totaling greater than $50), Chase Quick
Pay, cash, money order or cashier’s checks. We do not accept personal checks.

Thank you for your referral. For each referral that uses our services, you will receive $10 cash or
10% off your next service.

Comments

  1. Hi Justin,
    I am so impressed! What a wonderful adventure and to share with your wife is awesome. You prices are very good and I will share for sure! I can see this being a very lucrative business for you guys. My husband and I started an ebay business last year together and love working side by side. He still holds his job as he retires in seven years but we have an office, desks side by side. He has always been an entrepreneur of sorts and had some sort of side business going on. Wishing you the best in school as well.
    Take care,
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimmie... it's exciting and scary. not my first business go around. We work well together our strengths and weaknesses compliment each other.

    Good luck with yours as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Powell is In Hell

The dark truth about Jonah (part three)

Turn or Burn?