Whitney Houston DEAD at 48

2/11/2012

The AP has confirmed that singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48. She was at the Beverly Hilton awaiting the pre-Grammy party held by Clive Davis, where she performed just one year ago today.

While I was not a fan of her music, her talent was undeniable and, for a time, unmatched. Her voice was mind mindbogglingly powerful and her control over it would make any vocalist jealous.

The details of her death won't be released for sometime though it seems likely that drugs played a factor, whether that means a relapse of some kind or a simple matter of her body giving out after a decade or so of abuse. Her godmother, Aretha Franklin, is said to be grief stricken and inconsolable and all the other apt cliches associated with death.

While death is never welcome, especially on the young, hers comes at an especially inopportune time as she has been in the process of cleaning up her life and resuming her career. it reminds me of the death of Karen carpenter though I am too young to remember that first hand.



Even through her highly publicized battle with drug addiction, Whitney never lost her beauty or charm. I still get chills down my spine  and goose bumps up and down my arms when I hear her hit the final chorus of "I Will Always Love You."

I grieve for her children and her ex husband, Bobby brown, who will likely get much of the blame for her death and will no doubt be the subject of many vitriolic pieces assassinating his character. He may have been a bad influence on Whitney, but she's also an adult who made her own decisions. News reports indicate that Brown is deeply despondent over her death and has had many "fits of crying." I am not sure if Bobby is currently sober or not but, if he's not, perhaps Whitney's death can be his wake up call.

I don't normally watch the Grammy's, but I will tonight. I'm curious to see all the tributes to her.

The situation makes me very sad and I hope and pray that Whitney is in a better place where her angelic can blend in with the choirs of Heaven.

RIP, Whitney. We miss you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Powell is In Hell

The dark truth about Jonah (part three)

Last Train to Belingham