A Night in the ER

Last night I was in the ER until 4 am with breathing troubles. It wasn't very severe, but it didn't seem to get better as it usuall does and my wife was worried so we went in. I was given Albuterol, which didn't help and a chest X ray and EKG, both of which were normal. I kind of wish they'd found something because then the problem could be solved, or at least explored, but I'm glad they didn't find any problems with my heart. The breathing troubles come and go and it may be what's called "Exercise Induced Asthma", since the symptoms worsen with physical exertion. I'm meeting with my GP on Wednesday, and she will perhaps run more tests. I intend to write more in depth about this over the next day or two and publish it on my hubpage.

The staff, from the admins to the nurses to the doctor, were all terrific and it was a very good experience. I'm not one to go to the doctor so it was kind of interesting for me to see a hospital that wasn't on TV. Also, my wife did not seem to tire of my jokes about waiting to see "George Clooney" or "Dr Susan Lewis", so, that was good.

I've had these kind of breathing troubles related to physical exertion for years, but they've gotten noticeably worse in the last year. I also most likely have sleep apnea, but I'll need to have a sleep study performed before I can know that for sure.

Today, i feel okay, except for a splitting headache that woke me up and hasn't eased up much. i may be dehydrated. i wasn't allowed to drink water while I was there (about six hours) and I was given all kinds of tests.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for reading and for the positive thoughts and prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Powell is In Hell

The dark truth about Jonah (part three)

Turn or Burn?